J. Bradford Boyd Hicks
Mr. Hicks is a member of the firm Stone Crosby, P.C., who practices in the firm’s Daphne office.
Mr. Hicks received his Bachelors degree from Rhodes College in 2001. After college, Mr. Hicks worked in the United States House of Representatives for Congressmen Sonny Callahan and Jo Bonner, representing Alabama’s first congressional district. He was Congressman’s Bonner’s chief liaison to the House Committee on Science and Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics and also handled issues involving the judiciary, education and veterans affairs. He attended the University of Alabama School of Law and received his Juris Doctorate degree in 2006. During law school, Mr. Hicks was elected Associate Justice of the Honor Court, Senator of the Student Bar Association, and selected to be a member of the Trial Advocacy Competition Class.
Mr. Hicks’ maintains a general practice that allows him to assist clients with a wide variety of matters. The majority of his practice consists of civil litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants, including a variety of complex cases such as:
- Multi-million dollar disputes between corporate shareholders and limited liability company members;
- Multi-million dollar disputes between banks and real estate developers;
- Trust disputes between trustees and beneficiaries;
- Will contests and trust contests based upon claims of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity;
- Real property disputes including, but not limited to, riparian rights, jetties and bulkheads, easements, deed reformations, mortgages, foreclosures, and quiet title actions;
- Guardianship and Conservatorship disputes;
- Claims for and against government entities, including Baldwin County, Magnolia Springs, Loxley and various utilities and water authorities;
- Disputes over the disposition of deceased persons;
- Employee/Employer disputes including non-compete agreements, wrongful termination, and discrimination claims filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC);
- Claims of fraud, negligence, wantonness and fraudulent transfers of assets;
- Commercial and residential construction disputes, warranty claims and mechanics and materialman’s liens;
- Personal injury claims;
- Real estate disputes between buyers, sellers and agents; and
- Disputes between landlords and tenants in connection with commercial and residential leases.
Mr. Hicks enjoys regularly advising dozens of small to medium sized businesses regarding various routine and unique issues. He also enjoys helping his business and individual clients with matters such as estate planning, contracts, deeds, leases and other issues that arise from time to time. Some of his institutional clients include the Town of Magnolia Springs, Baldwin County, the Baldwin County Board of Education, and the Baldwin County Association of Realtors.
Mr. Hicks is a member of the Baldwin County Bar Association and the Alabama State Bar. He currently serves as Chairman of the Bayside Academy Board of Directors and is Past Chairman of Feeding the Gulf Coast, a Feeding America affiliated food bank serving 24 counties throughout south Alabama, south Mississippi, and the Florida Panhandle. Mr. Hicks previously served on the Executive Committee of the Alabama State Bar Young Lawyers Section. He also has been named an Alabama Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Juris Doctorate – 2006
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
Community Involvement, Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
- Alabama Bar Association, Member
- Feeding the Gulf Coast, Vice-President of the Board
- St. James Episcopal Church, Usher
- Bayside Academy, Board of Trustees